The IDS is organizing a “DORIS Day” on Saturday 2 May 2020 at the Technical University of Vienna, Austria, prior to the EGU 2020.
This IDS event aims at introducing the DORIS technique and at fostering the use of the IDS routine products (coordinate time series, DORIS RINEX data, ephemerides of DORIS satellites…) to people who are not familiar with this satellite positioning technique.
The “DORIS day” is divided into two parts: a short introduction on the DORIS technique (history, space and ground segments, how to use the DORIS data, DORIS and the IDS) and half a day on the use of the IDS products for tectonics, sea level and land motion monitoring, space weather…
What does the DORIS Day provide?
The “DORIS Day” is a one-day introductory course to give non-practitioners in DORIS the opportunity to broaden their knowledge on the DORIS technique as well as on the use of the IDS routine products.
Who is the DORIS Day for?
The “DORIS Day” is devoted to attendees neither familiar nor currently working with DORIS. The seminars will be given at the level of a non-expert. Furthermore, talks will be given in a tutorial format, with time for questions and discussion.
When the “DORIS Day” is scheduled?
The course is scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd, 2020, prior to the EGU 2020.
Where the DORIS Day will take place?
The course will take place at the Technical University of Vienna (Austria).
Address: Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10, 1040 Vienna (near Karlsplatz)
Room: DB02 (Yellow area, 2nd floor)
What to do if I am interested in the “DORIS Day”?
We kindly invite you to register for free at https://ids-doris.org/doris-day-2020-registration.html.
All the information related to this day will be available on this page.
Preliminary program (v1 – 06/02/2020)
Saturday, May 2nd, 2020
- 08:30-09:00: Welcome.
- 09:00-12:00: Short introduction to DORIS.
- 09:00-09:15: Origin of DORIS.
- 09:15-09:45: Ground segment.
- 09:45-10:00: Space segment.
- 10:00-10:30: Analysis of DORIS data.
- 10:30-11:00: Break.
- 11:00-11:30: International DORIS Service – Organization & Products.
- 11:30-12:15: DORIS & the ionosphere.
- 12:00-13:00: Lunch.
- 13:00-13:45: IDS Combination Center.
- IDS combined solution (& coordinate time series).
- IDS position & velocity solution.
- 13:45-14:30: DORIS & Climate Change.
- 14:30-15:15: DORIS & tectonics / volcanology.
- 15:15-15:45: Break.
- 15:45-16:30: DORIS & the Geocenter.
- 16:30-17:00: Feedback on the DORIS Day.