From Pascal Willis Dear Jean-Paul, following my latest message, I have extended the previous study to other DORIS satellites to verify if the problem that I saw yesterday was inherent to the DORIS data or only present in the DORIS/JASON data. Here are the new results (each satellite computed independently, using all available data at CDDIS in 2002) : satellite R_OFF X_OFF Y_OFF (toward Earth) jason -10.5 +- 2.2 -1.7 +- 4.0 0.5 +- 3.6 topex -2.4 +- 2.1 0.1 +- 4.8 -1.8 +- 3.2 spot2 1.9 +- 1.7 -1.2 +- 2.1 sigma > 1400 spot4 1.5 +- 1.6 -1.6 +- 2.0 sigma > 1400 spot5 3.2 +- 1.2 0.7 +- 2.2 sigma > 700 envisat 2.2 +- 2.0 1.6 +- 2.8 sigma > 1400 To compute the mean, I have only used the days for which the parameters were correctly determined, estimating R_OFF, X_OFF and Y_OFF simultaneously in the same runs. As you can see, all estimations except the JASON R_OFF parameter are within the error bars of the estimation and compatible with a 0.0 value. At a lower level, there may be a small value for all SPOT R_OFF parameters around + 2 cm (towards the Earth). As stated in the previous message, the JASON R_OFF data also present a clear 120-day that would need to be confirmed when additional data will be available. So something looks strange in the DORIS/JASON data (or in the way I do my current estimation). This is not a small problem as it can shift the orbit by almost a constant value of 3 cm in the radial component for JASON. We absolutely need to investigate this aspect for GPS and DORIS independently, otherwise we would all get compatible JASON orbits (within 1 to 2 cm) but the difference with the "true" orbit could be between 1 to 3 cm, using either GPS or DORIS systems. I would be very much interested if other groups would try to do the same type of estimation to confirm these puzzling results. In my opinion, a similar effect could be artificially introduced in the DORIS data if the satellite long-term frequency drift would not be properly corrected in the CDDIS data. It is probably not in the time-tagging as this is controlled with the laser data but it could be in the measurement itself. Could this be a possible lead to investigate? Best regards Pascal