Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:28:58 -0800 From: Pascal Willis To: jean-paul.berthias@cnes.fr Cc: ries@sol.csr.utexas.edu, bjh@cobra.jpl.nasa.gov, feissel@ensg.ign.fr, Carey Noll , frank.lemoine@gsfc.nasa.gov, nerem@colorado.edu, nzelensk@geodesy.gsfc.nasa.gov, krchoi@csr.utexas.edu, Gilles.Tavernier@cnes.fr, yeb@cobra.jpl.nasa.gov, wib@cobra.jpl.nasa.gov, werner.gurtner@aiub.unibe.ch, dxk@cobra.jpl.nasa.gov, Jean-Jacques Valette , jean-pierre.granier@cnes.fr Subject: Please change DORIS/SPOT preprocessing and DORIS/CDDIS files Dear Jean-Paul, here is the synthesis of what we did here concerning multiple DORIS satellite orbits determination in the same filter run: 1) before Jan 15, 2002 (SPOT2, SPOT3, SPOT4, TOPEX) data can be processed but the inconsistent preprocessing (removing of constant biases per pass instead of removing a daily clcok polynomial for the satellites) impose to reject data with common passes on the same stations for 2 satellites. Fortunately, this does not happen very often without the tandem phase of JASON As it would be an tremendous work to preprocess all the existing data, I think it is now wise to wait for really raw DORIS data and live with the actual DORIS/DATA at CDDIS before Jan 15 (start of JASON cycle 1) 2.1)after Jan 15, 2002 (TOPEX and JASON only) data posted at CDDIS can not be processed (see my previous emails) data posted at AVISO can be processed properly. Everything works fine with TOPEX and JASON 2.2)after Jan 15, 2002 (TOPEX, JASON, SPOT4 and soon SPOT2) data posted at CDDIS can not be processed (see my previous emails) data posted at AVISO cannot be processed as the SPOT data are not preprocessed using the same strategy. Please send a first SPOT file at AVISO to verify that everything works fine. In conclusion, I suggest that you give to CDDIS the existing correct DORIS data for TOPEX and JASON and that you resubmit data for SPOT4 (and soon for SPOT2) using the new preprocessing strategy, maybe starting with a first cycle at AVISO for test purposes. Thanks in advance for your efforts Pascal