Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:05:06 -0600 From: "John C. Ries" To: jean-paul.berthias@cnes.fr, Henno.Boomkamp@esa.int Cc: feissel@ensg.ign.fr, Markus.Rothacher@bv.tu-muenchen.de, John.Dow@esa.int Subject: Re: proposed JASON campaign Hi Everyone, While including the crossovers in the analysis may make this more complicated, it is an invaluable diagnostic, both in terms of the radial variations and in the orbit centering in inertial space. However, the goal of this intercomparison may be less about absolute performance and more about relative consistency between analysis centers. In this case, the emphasis is different from the Jason CAL/VAL we have been performing, and we may keep things simpler by leaving the altimeter data out. By the way, we should make sure that the participants know about the results we have already obtained and shown at the last Jason/Topex SWT. Jean-Paul, perhaps you can remind us where we might find the various posters. As Jean-Paul pointed out, very good orbits for many Jason-1 cycles are already available for comparison from a number of centers. I think these are not restricted in any way that I know of. I would want to be very careful about the SLR analysis, since there are a few stations whose data should not be used for work at this level of precision. Best regards, John