Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:06:22 +0200 From: Jean-Jacques Valette To: jean-paul.berthias@cnes.fr, Pascal Willis Cc: ries@sol.csr.utexas.edu, bjh@cobra.jpl.nasa.gov, feissel@ensg.ign.fr, Carey Noll , frank.lemoine@gsfc.nasa.gov, nerem@colorado.edu, nzelensk@geodesy.gsfc.nasa.gov, krchoi@csr.utexas.edu, "Tavernier, Gilles" , yeb@cobra.jpl.nasa.gov, Christian Jayles , werner.gurtner@aiub.unibe.ch, Jean-Jacques Valette , "Granier, Jean-Pierre" , Alfred Piuzzi , Sabine Houry , Flavien Mercier , beatrice Nhun Fat , laurent.soudarin@cls.fr Subject: Re: Please change DORIS/SPOT preprocessing and DORIS/CDDIS files Dear colleagues, Concerning the DORIS data to be provided to IDS users, I agree with Jean-Paul : it is not only a question of format. My feeling is that no constructive discussion is possible until the analysists will have experiment "raw data" (no corrections of time tags and Dopplers, aditionnal 400 MHz data). I would recommend to adopt June 2001 as a test period and to generate an extended (and temporary) 2.1 CDDIS format. That period is the one choozen for the Analysis Campaign. Preliminary results (time tags, clock drifts, residuals, bias, if available geodetic products) may be discussed at Biarritz and will help to define the final 3.0 format. Of course, this wish is probably not realistic if we consider that SOD/CNES team is very busy with Jason and Envisat recent launches and Spot5 to come. So, why not having a look at any other complementary ressources? For example at SSALTO where the DORIS ground segment collects and routinely preprocesses data (continuous time tags comparisons are made with the SOD/POD one's). Perhaps Gilles could tell us if anything can be done on that way? It is clear that such a work should be done with a close collaboration with JPB and any other actors. Jean-Jacques PS : for those who can speak french, the following reference gives the DORIS time tags spec. As far as I known, there is no english version. "Spécifications techniques de la datation du système DORIS". J. Noubel CNES, 10/12/2001