Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:37:04 +0100 From: Henno.Boomkamp@esa.int To: Jean-Paul.Berthias@cnes.fr, jries@csr.utexas.edu, feissel@ensg.ign.fr, Markus.Rothacher@bv.tu-muenchen.de Cc: John.Dow@esa.int Subject: proposed JASON campaign Dear colleagues, As far as I understand, all relevant JASON data has now been released to scientific users, which means that I would like to start the long-expected JASON orbit campaign. Due to the wide interest that apparently exists for this kind of activity, I intend to prepare the JASON campaign more carefully than what was done for CHAMP, so that we can get the best possible results. The attachment contains some notes on what I propose to do for JASON. I would like to ask you for comments before sending out announcements to the various mailing lists. In addition I would like to ask those of you who were involved in the JASON CalVal activities to propose a suitable campaign period. There have been some mails about that in the past, and so far we concluded that it would be good to have three consecutive cycles, preferrably with as few orbit events as possible. At ESOC we have not yet processed enough JASON data to know which period would be best, but I suggest to use three cycles around July or August 2002. Best regards, Henno Boomkamp