Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:39:11 -0800 From: Pascal Willis To: Martine Feissel Cc: Jean-Francois Cretaux , John Ries , Ramesh Govind , Adèle Guitart , Herve Fagard , Serguei Kuzin , Jean-Michel Lemoine , Jean-Jacques Valette , Jean-Paul Berthias , Pascal Willis , lebail@ensg.ign.fr, Zuheir Altamimi , Urs Hugentobler , Petr Stepanek , Jean-Pierre Granier , Gilles Tavernier Subject: DORIS break in STJB Dear Martine, I think there could still be a missing break in the DORIS time series that is not mentioned and for which I would like to get some feed-back from the other Analysis Centers and/or from the SIMB : January 20, 2003 STJB -1.7 cm in vertical The change is small and hardly visible in the time series (see attached plot of residuals before putting any break) but without a break the estimated vertical velocity is -10 mm/yr, while with the break it goes down to -5 mm/yr and the residuals series has much less signal in it. The fact that the estimated horizontal displacements are within 1-2 mm makes me now think that this vertical discontinuity may be real. I am not aware of any hardware intervention at this site from the SIMB. If there is some agreement with the other Analysis centers, I could consider resubmitting the DORIS time series since 2003/1/20 with the correct DOMES description in the data file, if needed. I have no problem with the other information in file doris_breaks.sinex as this is exactly what I gave to Zuheir. But has it been confirmed by somebody else as suggested in my 2003 presentation at the IDS workshop? Best regards Pascal NB: for Fairbanks the earthquake was on Nov 3, 2002 for Arequipa, the earthquake was on Jun 23, 2001 -- Pascal Willis Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 238-646 Ph : 1-818-393-4748 4800 Oak Grove Drive FAX: 1-818-393-4965 Pasadena CA 91109 Em : Pascal.R.Willis@jpl.nasa.gov