Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:14:34 -0800 From: Pascal Willis To: jean-paul.berthias@cnes.fr Cc: "John C. Ries" , Bruce J Haines , Yoaz Bar-Sever , nzelensk@geodesy.gsfc.nasa.gov, sluthcke@xyz.gsfc.nasa.gov, krchoi@csr.utexas.edu, Martine Feissel Subject: Re: DORIS phase center determination/ all satellites Hello Jean-Paul, thanks for your message. usually my posteriori standard deviation for the R_OFF parameter are around 0.9 cm for spot2, spot4 and 0.5 for spot5; 1.3 for envisat; 1.4 for topex and 0.9 for JASON. Of course, these depends mostly on the weight I use for the data, as well as the a priori constraints I use. The numbers I gave in my table correspond to the dispersion around the estimated mean (given in the table). I only use values for days with small a posteriori standard deviation to estimate the mean. The factor of 2 is typical of my runs with the Gipsy/Oasis. When I get an posteriori standard deviations, it usually needs to be multiplied by 2 to obtain a more realistic value, taking into account possible systematic bias. I will compare my orbits looking at the eclipses aspect that you mentioned. Have a nice week-end Pascal